Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's almost here...

Christmas is almost here. It's already November and I've got 3 more paychecks before Christmas. Is that how you look at it, too?!  Time flies at this time of year and I often find myself not enjoying the holidays as much because I've waited too long to get certain tasks done and then feeling rushed at the last minute. On that note I hope you've joined us each month and so now you'll have a minimum of 11 Christmas cards done! If you haven't been making cards all year for Christmas, please consider joining us here at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our monthly challenge in 2017!! This month our challenge is ANYTHING GOES WITH CHRISTMAS.


I used an older Magnolia image for my card this month. I had never colored her and had her in my "Magnolia" notebook of stamps. If I remember correctly, my friend Julie in Australia, sent me this stamp years ago as a gift. I have an abundance of stamps that have never been colored up and it's scary to go into the closet and look at the number of notebooks full of stamps. I really need to start making more cards! Notice I'm not saying a word about my library of digitals. Let's focus on coloring rubber stamped images for now.




Here's a close-up of Tilda. I colored her with Copics and used 3-D white paint for the snow. These beautiful papers are from Wild Rose and I loved using the vibrant red and purple. My flowers are from an assortment of places, including Wild Orchid Crafts. I added some 3-D white paint at her feet and sprinkled glitter over it while it was wet.



This month, our sponsor at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' is Marianne Designs.


The team has created some adorable cards for our challenge and you can't get an easier topic than ANYTHING GOES WITH CHRISTMAS for this month. I hope you'll join us!


This card is entered in the following challenges:
Mid-Week Magnolias, Chall 151, Winter
Lovely Haenglar or Sweet Magnolia, Chall 140, Snow/Glitter

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Gail, wonderful colours, design and papers. Love that you have used one of your 'old' stamps...I think too many of us are guilty of having unused stamps in our stash, I know I certainly am! I tell myself I won't buy any more until I've used everything I already have at least once....then temptation rears it's head...I'm rubbish at resisting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous array of colors used here, Gail, and of course, perfect coloring! Nice layout, using multiple background papers, and your flower arrangements coordinate so beautifully - you know just what's going to "work" together. The bow tops your creation off so elegantly, too. If Tilda had a mouth, I'm sure she'd be smiling with joy for being taken out of the closet and used - LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's fabulous Gail!! Your colour choices are beautiful...wonderful paper combination and beautifully embellished! Thank you for sharing with us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just love her with your beautiful colouring is just perfect with those lovely papers thank you for joining us in The Midweek Magnolias challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous winter creation, love your colouring and layout. Thank you for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete